Save The Date! May 31: IDIAP Retreat
Next May 31, IDIAP Jordi Gol is celebrating a new Retreat at Mont Sant Benet with the aim of creating and enhancing synergies between the different research groups that are part of the organization. This meeting is key to promoting interdisciplinary research beyond each of the research and territorial areas.
The choice of Mont Sant Benet (Sant Fruitós de Bages) obeys two criteria: it is an equidistant space between the different territorial units and because it is an emblematic space and very suitable for gatherings of knowledge and growth like this one.
Arrival is expected around 9:30 a.m. and the meeting will conclude at 6 p.m., with lunch included. The agenda will be as follows:
- 9.30am - Presentation and welcome to the Retreat.
- 9.45am-10.15am - Presentation of two accredited groups that are already collaborating with other IDIAPJGol groups.
- 10.15am - 11.45am - Implementation of a participatory methodology (World Café) on the IDIAPJGol groups. In this participatory methodology, 4 key questions will be addressed, which will be the following:
- o Needs of IDIAPJGol research groups.
- o Improvement proposals for collaboration between research groups. What do you expect from IDIAPJGol regarding the management of research groups?
- o What exactly does it mean to collaborate and create synergies?
- o How does collaboration between groups translate into scientific production?
- 11:45-12:15- Coffee break.
- 12h15-13h15- Presentation of the invited research group.
- 1:15 p.m.-2:00 p.m. - Main conclusions of the World Café.
- 14:00-15:00 - Lunch.
- 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.- Quick project presentation meetings between the research groups previously marked according to the interests of each group.
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Elevator speech competition.
From the scientific area and UGP, a compilation will be made of the different abstracts presented, they will be sent to all the participants of the retreat for a preliminary consultation and they will be asked which projects (maximum five) are of most interest in order to create the meetings, of a maximum duration of five minutes.
Those meetings do not involve any presentation of the project, only the confusion between the different teams in order to disturb possible ways of collaboration.
Reserve the day and come in good spirits. There will be surprises and interesting prizes to boost the research groups!