Research/Training internships are a good way to get trained as a researcher. For that reason, from the IDIAPJGol understands that internships are a very good tool to have contact with the research in a primary care institution in a national and International level. We encourage training with the aim to generate knowledge, disseminate results and transfer them to the clinical practise in order to provide efficiency to health system and to promote and improve the people’s Health.
The IDIAPJGol admits people who are interested in doing their PhD or Master’s Dissertation as well as primary care professionals who would like to work in an interdisciplinary way in research projects to give answer to the Primary and Community Health needs.
What do we offer?
Types of internships we offer:
- PhD: you have to be enrolled in a PhD programme adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that ends in a doctoral thesis (an original research project)
- Postdoctoral: A postdoctoral researcher is a person who carries on a professional research after the completion of his/her PhD.
- Master’s student: To obtain the Master title a final dissertation is obliged. It consists on an integral project which synthesises the knowledge acquired during the master. It has to be done individually defended in front of a tribunal.
- Undergraduate (last year of degree)
- Primary Care resident (in training)
- Primary Care Professional
Within this set of internships, IDIAPJGol priories the long placements, especially predoctoral, postdocotoral and Master’s student.
For more information see the “PhD Guideline in IDIAPJGol”
Where can you do your internship in IDIAPJGol?
The IDIAPJGol is organised in 8 Research Support Units (USR) (See the map), a Central Research Unit, a Medicines Study Unit (UEM), SIDIAP (Information System for Research in Primary Care) and 34 research groups, through which different lines of Research are developed (See research groups).
What are the requirements?
To do a research or training internship in IDIAPJGol you need:
- Ser major de 18 anys
- Be over 18 years old
- Fill online Research Internship Form (Open form)
- Have been accepted by the IDIAPJGol and have an advisor assigned
- Formalise a collaboration agreement for the training internship between the university or corresponding entity and the IDIAPJGol
How to apply?
- Training Internship Form (Open form)
- Cover letter, explaining the objectives of the internship, the expectations, and the research lines of your interest
Once we have all the information, it will be assessed by the Internship Committee.
We will inform if you are accepted or not; in case of not having availability during the asked dates, we would offer you different ones.
In case of acceptance, an agreement with your institution must be signed.