Project Management Unit (UGP)
The project management unit (UGP) is made up of four people with a technical and scientific background. They offer advice and administrative support to the preparation and follow-up of R&D&I projects of the institute and are integrated in the scientific area of the institute.
The distribution of tasks within the UGP is determined by the nature of the grants: Pere Monteagudo is in charge of managing national calls and projects; Daniela Modena manages coordinated European and national projects; Nicola Kielland takes care of international grants and fellowships and Alexandros Nikolaou coordinates the UGP.
The difference in resources allocated to the different areas comes from the "GoEurope" grant, financed by the Department of Health of the Generalitat de Catalunya, which improves the capacity of research institutes to obtain European and international funds.
The main tasks carried out by the UGP are the following:
- Dissemination of calls of interest in a personalized way to all IDIAPJGol research staff and RedIAPP (the ISCIII Network for Research on Preventive Activities and Health Promotion) through different channels (email, web, twitter, biweekly newsletter, ...)
- Scientific and/or administrative support for proposal preparation.
- Support matchmaking with different thematic networks, working groups or national and international contacts.
- Establish strategies to promote participation in H2020/Horizon Europe and other international calls.
- Internal (re)accreditation of emerging and consolidated research groups
- Promotion, control and monitoring of internal R&D&I calls that are made jointly with the ICS (Catalan Institute of Health).
- Grant preparation when a proposal is selected for funding and transfer to the department of management and monitoring of active projects of the ARC (Corporate Resources Area).
- Scientific monitoring of the awarded projects: presentation of periodic reports to the funding entities.
Nicola Kielland, Europeas & International calls
93 482 41 12 / 677 25 31 99
Daniela Modena, Manager of European and nationals projects
93 482 42 53